Sunday, January 29, 2012

Boot Socks

Okay, so this isn't wedding related but I figured I would put it up because it was a fun project.
Last weekend on the way back from the ranch we stopped at Tracker Supply Co. and I picked up a pair of rain/muck boots. I love these boots; however, they aren't the warmest in the wintery slush. So, on Friday I made fleece and flannel boot socks for my muck/rain boots so that I could wear them in all seasons (I'm pretty excited about these!)

I used a patten I found on Sew, Mama, Sew! blog - it is a PDF so it was super easy to print off and use right away (link will take you right to the blog and the pattern I used)
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2011/04/fleece-boot-socks-free-pdf-pattern-from-studio-cherie/

This only took 2 hours max - this includes pattern printing, cutting, and sewing time. Great project for Friday night when there isn't much time left in the day after work.
I don't have a serger, so I used a reinforced zigzag on the edge which worked just the same. For the foot and leg portion of the sock I used anti-pill brown fleece and for the cuff I used the same fleece on the underside and patterned flannel for the top. Pretty cute, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment