Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oh, what a blessing!

I am blessed beyond measure.

I flew home this past spring to visit my parents and was able to go to a bridal shower that my mom's most special friends put together. I can't begin to tell you what a blessing it is in my life to have a group of God-fearing women lifting you up in prayer. I am certain that through constant and selfless prayers by women who love me, I have been able to accomplish all of the projects I have blogged about previously and to come. It is not by my own strength that time seems to stand still to allow for pulling things together, but by the Lord granting favor.

The shower was truly an outpouring of love upon me and my husband to be. The food was wonderful, the decorations were beautiful, the games were so much fun, and the fellowship was unmatched.

Everything since that day has seems so real, finally. It is my turn to get married and I can't wait. New beginnings are a reminder of how we are loved - for he loved us first, gave a peace child to redeem the lost; granting new life, new beginning, for the souls that he calls his own. Scott and I will say our vows, promising to live as one with each other as well as the father, and will start our new beginning. My heart feels glad and I am at peace (which probably sounds crazy to everyone, as we are approaching our final month before the wedding)









*I wrote the first half of this entry this past spring following the trip home, but have since received heaps of blessings as we near even closer to our wedding day. 
My mother-in-law to be along with my future sister planned a second bridal shower for me. Not only is this wedding and marriage feeling more real, but I am feeling more and more loved. I am gaining a husband and another family who loves me more than I could have imagined. 
For the second bridal shower my mother-in-law chose to decorate with things that reflect the wedding planning and things that will be seen again at the ranch. It was absolutely wonderful.











No comments:

Post a Comment